Keeping You Safe
At Royal & Derngate, people are at the heart of everything we do, so your safety and health is our top priority. We want you to rest assured that Covid-safe regulations will be in place when you next visit us for a performance.
The following measures will be in place:
- You will receive a bespoke email prior to your visit that details the safety measures that specifically relate to the performance you are seeing. Click here for an example of the information you will receive.
- There will be a limited capacity in the auditoriums to allow socially-distanced seating until at least 21 June, in line with Government guidance.
- You will be given a specified arrival time and a one-way system will be in place throughout the building with entry via the Swan Street entrance only.
- All tickets must be booked in advance and will be issued as e-tickets for you to print at home or show on your phone or tablet.
- Tickets will be booked in bubbles of 1 – 6. In the event that you are unable to book your required bubble online, please contact our Box Office on 01604 624811 for further support.
- You will be required to wear a face covering except when eating or drinking, unless exempt for health reasons. Front of House staff will also wear face coverings.
- The theatre bars will be closed during your visit.
- Cloakrooms will not be available so please bring minimal belongings.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned regularly and open as usual. Please observe one way system and social distancing
- We will carry out enhanced cleaning of all public areas, both prior to and during performances.
- Hand sanitising stations will be positioned throughout the building.
- Additional signage will be in place to manage social distancing and audience flow.
- We have improved and increased our circulation of fresh air in the building, so some areas might feel a little cooler.
- You will receive a bespoke email prior to your visit that details the safety measures that specifically relate to the performance you are seeing.
- Contact details collected at time of booking may be made available to support NHS Track & Trace. We encourage you to scan the QR code for the NHS Track & Trace app on arrival for added security. Please download the app here before your arrival at the venue.
These measures will be reviewed and updated in line with Government guidelines.
We are proud to be a See It Safely accredited venue, in association with Society of London Theatres and UK Theatre.