Please note that during the COVID-19 lockdown period tickets will not be posted to customers, if you have selected for your tickets to be posted you will receive them once Government advice allows our staff to work from our offices.
How To Book
Box Office: 01604 624811
Group Booking line (for Groups & Schools): 01604 620066
Box Office Opening Hours
Please note that we are currently providing reduced Telephone Booking hours.
Our phone lines are open Tuesday-Friday 10am–5.30pm, Saturday 10am-4pm, CLOSED Sunday-Monday.
Outside these hours you can book tickets and access a range of venue and show information 24 hours a day via www.royalandderngate.co.uk
Our pop up Box Office will be open Tue – Fri 12noon-5pm and Sat 10am-4pm and located in Franklins with access from the Guildhall Road.
Keeping You Safe
At Royal & Derngate, people are at the heart of everything we do, so your safety and health is our top priority. We want you to rest assured that Covid-safe regulations will be in place when you next visit us for a performance.
The following measures will be in place:
- There will be a limited capacity in the auditoriums to allow socially-distanced seating until at least 21 June, in line with Government guidance.
- You will be given a specified arrival time and a one-way system will be in place throughout the building.
- All tickets must be booked in advance and will be issued as e-tickets for you to print at home or show on your phone or tablet.
- Tickets will be booked in bubbles of 1 – 6. In the event that you are unable to book your required bubble online, please contact our Box Office on 01604 624811 for further support.
- You will be required to wear a face covering except when eating or drinking, unless exempt for health reasons. Front of House staff will also wear face coverings.
- The theatre bars will be open during your visit but transactions will be cashless and paperless, with perspex screens fitted at all sale points. Enhanced pre-ordering options will also be available to reduce queuing in public areas.
- Cloakrooms will not be available so please bring minimal belongings.
- We will carry out enhanced cleaning of all public areas, both prior to and during performances.
- Hand sanitising stations will be positioned throughout the building.
- Additional signage will be in place to manage social distancing and audience flow.
- We have improved and increased our circulation of fresh air in the building, so some areas might feel a little cooler.
- You will receive a bespoke email prior to your visit that details the safety measures that specifically relate to the performance you are seeing.
- Contact details collected at time of booking may be made available to support NHS Track & Trace. We encourage you to scan the QR code for the NHS Track & Trace app on arrival for added security.
These measures will be reviewed and updated in line with Government guidelines.
We are proud to be a See It Safely accredited venue, in association with Society of London Theatres and UK Theatre.
Concession prices are available for individual shows where stated and may be offered to under 16s, over 60s, Students, Jobseekers and Disabled Patrons. Discounts vary on each production and on individual performances.
Disabled Patrons who require assistance when visiting the theatre can also request a free ticket for their companion/carer. Click here for more information about ways to make your visit simpler.
Only one concession applies per ticket. Concessionary price tickets must be requested at the time of purchase as discounts cannot be applied retrospectively. Proof of status will be required on the first purchase of a concessionary ticket and can be checked on any subsequent ticket purchase.
A transaction charge of £3.50 applies to all bookings over £20, except for our members, Disabled Patrons and Group Bookers. This charge is only applicable per-booking and not per-ticket.
The transaction charge exists to support the running costs of Royal & Derngate. As ticket revenue is divided between many different parties, an increase in ticket prices may not necessarily benefit the theatre. By adding a transaction charge, we ensure that every penny goes directly to Royal & Derngate.
We will continue to charge a ‘per booking’ charge, not ‘per ticket’, which makes our charges lower than many other theatres. We will continue to tell you about these charges, whether you are booking online, over the phone or at the counter.
For performances in our Underground spaces, there is no option to select your own seats, so please select ‘Best Available’.
You will receive a confirmation email as soon as your booking is complete.
Please note: If you are shopping online using a promotional code, you will only be able to book tickets for that particular show. If you wish to book for anything else at the same time, please complete the promotional transaction first and then start the booking process again.
During the busy Christmas period please allow up to 14 working days for Gift Vouchers to arrive via post or collect from our Box Office.