Please note that during the COVID-19 lockdown period tickets will not be posted to customers, if you have selected for your tickets to be posted you will receive them once Government advice allows our staff to work from our offices.
How To Book
Box Office: 01604 624811
Group Booking line (for Groups & Schools): 01604 620066
Box Office Opening Hours
Our phone lines are open Tuesday-Saturday from 10am–6pm, CLOSED Sunday-Monday.
Where there are no scheduled performances our main Box Office counter will be open Tues – Sat from 12 noon until 15 mins after the last theatre show of the day commencing (closing at 6pm on non show days). When we have scheduled performances and on Sundays, Mondays and Bank Holidays it is open in person from 90 minutes prior to the first performance.
Outside these hours you can book tickets and access a range of venue and show information 24 hours a day via www.royalandderngate.co.uk
Keeping You Safe
At Royal & Derngate, people are at the heart of everything we do, so your safety and health is our top priority. We want you to rest assured that Covid-safe regulations will be in place when you next visit us for a performance.
The following measures will be in place:
- All auditorium and front of house spaces are subject to rigorous cleaning and sanitising between performances.
- Touch free hand sanitising points are available around the building and we’d encourage you to use these as you enter.
- The wearing of face coverings is strongly recommended, especially while moving around inside the venue. Not only is this a courtesy to your fellow audience members but in doing so, you continue to prioritise the safety of our essential front line staff. They will all continue to wear face coverings.
- We are now a cash-free venue, in order to reduce contact at our bars and Box Office. We accept all major credit and debit cards, Apple Pay or Google Pay. You can also pay with National Theatre Tokens or Royal & Derngate gift vouchers.
- We are using e-tickets which can be checked hands free. If your tickets were carried over from an earlier re-scheduled date you will receive a new updated set to the email address on your account no later than 48 hours before the show. You can either print these off or present them for scanning on your phone.
- We are encouraging patrons to bring as few personal belongings as possible. Do make sure you have something warm to wear – our increased ventilation and airflow means it may feel a few degrees cooler than normal.
- If you have any access requirements, please alert us when you arrive so we are able to help accommodate you appropriately and help avoid any unnecessary queuing.
- In line with our ‘Book with Confidence, Exchange with Ease’ pledge, adopted in conjunction with UK Theatre, if you cannot attend a performance due to Covid, our Box Office team will be happy to exchange your tickets to another performance or issue a credit note up to 24 hours prior to the show.
We are proud to be a See It Safely accredited venue, in association with Society of London Theatres and UK Theatre.
Concession prices are available for individual shows where stated and may be offered to under 16s, over 60s, Students, Jobseekers and Disabled Patrons. Discounts vary on each production and on individual performances.
Disabled Patrons who require assistance when visiting the theatre can also request a free ticket for their companion/carer. Click here for more information about ways to make your visit simpler.
Only one concession applies per ticket. Concessionary price tickets must be requested at the time of purchase as discounts cannot be applied retrospectively. Proof of status will be required on the first purchase of a concessionary ticket and can be checked on any subsequent ticket purchase.
A transaction charge of £3.50 applies to all bookings over £20, except for our members, Disabled Patrons and Group Bookers. This charge is only applicable per-booking and not per-ticket.
The transaction charge exists to support the running costs of Royal & Derngate. As ticket revenue is divided between many different parties, an increase in ticket prices may not necessarily benefit the theatre. By adding a transaction charge, we ensure that every penny goes directly to Royal & Derngate.
We will continue to charge a ‘per booking’ charge, not ‘per ticket’, which makes our charges lower than many other theatres. We will continue to tell you about these charges, whether you are booking online, over the phone or at the counter.
For performances in our Underground spaces, there is no option to select your own seats, so please select ‘Best Available’.
You will receive a confirmation email as soon as your booking is complete.
Please note: If you are shopping online using a promotional code, you will only be able to book tickets for that particular show. If you wish to book for anything else at the same time, please complete the promotional transaction first and then start the booking process again.
During the busy Christmas period please allow up to 14 working days for Gift Vouchers to arrive via post or collect from our Box Office.