We are delighted to present an opportunity to support artists in our region to create, develop and perform new work alongside Pleasance Courtyard, Edinburgh.
Pleasance Courtyard is working with five partner theatres (Royal & Derngate Northampton, Home Manchester, Leicester Curve, York Theatre Royal and Bristol Old Vic) to identify dynamic artists at different stages in their careers. The aim of the scheme is to uncover and support the best companies and artists from across the UK to present work at the Edinburgh Fringe 2019.
What will you receive?
- £1,500 financing from the Pleasance towards the costs of presenting your show at the Fringe
- Guaranteed inclusion within their Edinburgh Festival Fringe programme
- One-week minimum of in-kind rehearsal and development space from Royal & Derngate.
- A programming option in the Pleasance’s London transfer run post-Fringe
- Mentorship, support and advice from both Royal & Derngate and the Pleasance leading up to, and during the Fringe.
How to apply:
Royal & Derngate’s Generate Programme is looking for interested artists/companies within the region to submit a letter using the following headings:
- An outline of your theatrical concept
- Who is your target audience and why
- Why you are interested in performing at Ed Fringe 19
- Why this opportunity is important for you and your development.
We would welcome any sample scripts, scenes or recordings if you have them alongside your project content.
Please provide no more than two sides of A4 before Friday 4thJanuary to [email protected]
Royal & Derngate will interview a shortlist of applicants on Friday 18 January to discuss your project before selecting four artists/companies to continue to the next round.
These four artists/companies will be asked to present a 20 minute sharing of your work to the Pleasance and Royal & Derngate on Sunday 24 February and you must be prepared to discuss your aims for the festival.
Following this presentation, 1 artist/group will be selected for the award and participate in Ed Fringe 2019.