Royal & Derngate are looking to engage professional artists and practitioners from across the sector to help steer the direction of the theatre as we look positively towards the future.
The Creative Council will:
- Provide artistic, operational and programming support and scrutiny
- Give freelance practitioners a key strategic voice within a building-based producing theatre
- Give voice to artists and practitioners who currently engage or would like to engage with R&D
- Strengthen existing relationships as well as developing new ones
- Foster meaningful conversation and to embed co-creation from the earliest stages of the planning process
- Inform how we welcome artists and develop work; measuring Royal & Derngate’s culture against industry best practice
This is a paid role, based on Royal & Derngate’s day rate of £150
How To Apply:
To apply, please submit either a written, audio or video piece (of no more than 500 words or three minutes), telling us:
- Who you are and what you do
- Whether you have an existing professional relationship with Royal & Derngate
- Why you would like to join the Creative Council in support of Royal & Derngate’s work
- What you think would make R&D a better place for artists and practitioners to work
Drop in session – come and have a cup of tea and chat to a member of our team about the Creative Council in Underground 3 at R&D on Wed 27 April 3pm – 4pm. We can also arrange Zoom for those unable to make in person.
Deadline for applications – Fri 15 July
Confirmation of panel members – Fri 29 July
First meeting – October 2022
As a member of the Creative Council, you will be invited to quarterly meetings, as well as other events at R&D. There will also be opportunities to develop more specific projects depending on your areas of expertise and interests. We will be making arrangements for access needs including BSL interpretation for all meetings where required so please do let us know what we can provide for you.
If you would like to discuss the Creative Council further, or have any questions about applying, please email . If you would like a phone call, please leave your telephone number and a good time to chat, and we will give you a ring.
A large print and audio version of this information will be available shortly. Please check back soon.