Royal & Derngate are delighted to announce a very exciting opportunity for young artists aged 13-24 to join our new ARTS LEADERS group.
ARTS LEADERS is a voluntary opportunity for young people to shape arts projects and really make a difference to how their local community engages with the theatre.
Our ARTS LEADERS projects involve members working with Royal & Derngate to research, develop, plan and deliver community action projects that will engage local people in arts activities. This is an amazing opportunity to learn how to design projects, share ideas and collaborate with professionals on creating events that highlight how the arts are for everyone. Great for your CV, arts experience and will contribute towards gaining an Arts Award qualification.
The ARTS LEADERS were recently nominated for The Mighty Creatives Partnership Working Award for their Mothertongue Tales Act4Change story book project and the group aim has secured funding from Northampton Community Foundation and Sir Thomas White Charity to develop the project into a theatre piece with local school children.
As an ARTS LEADER, responsibilities include:
- Meeting weekly on a Friday 5.15pm-7.15pm to discuss events and plan projects
- Acting as an ambassador for Royal & Derngate’s Creative Learning provision and work with young people
- Taking ownership for project management of projects and liaising with professional arts practitioners
- Being passionate about inclusion, collaboration and making arts fun
Benefits of being an ARTS LEADER include:
- Gaining a Bronze or Silver Arts Award qualification
- Leading and assisting on community arts projects
- Having a voice in shaping Royal & Derngate’s Creative Learning work with young people
- Working with arts professionals
- VIP invites to selected Made In Northampton press events
- Occasionally receiving complimentary tickets to shows (in the Royal, Derngate, Errol Flynn Filmhouse & The Core at Corby Core)
- Receiving an exclusive Arts Leader t-shirt!
If you are 13-24 years old and interested in being an ARTS LEADER, download the application form and return it to Trudy Bell, Creative Learning Director or send to Trudy Bell, Royal & Derngate, 19-21 Guildhall Road, Northampton NN1 1DP. You can also drop applications into Box Office.
Sessions start on Friday 15 September 2017.Click here for ARTS LEADERS Application Form
Have a voice. Make a difference. Get Involved.