Royal & Derngate ARTS LEADERS is a voluntary opportunity for young people aged 13-24 to shape arts projects and really make a difference to how their local community engages with the theatre.
Our ARTS LEADERS projects involve members working with Royal & Derngate to research, develop, plan and deliver arts-based social action projects that engages local people in arts activities. This is an amazing opportunity to learn how to design projects, share ideas and collaborate with professionals on creating events that highlight how the arts are for everyone. Great for your CV, arts management experience, confidence and creativity. Being an ARTS LEADER also contributes towards gaining Arts Award qualifications and Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
The ARTS LEADERS have been nominated for The Mighty Creatives Partnership Working Award and the Northamptonshire Community Foundation Trailblazer Award for their Mothertongue Tales story book and education project that saw 75 young people with origins from 16 different countries coming together to perform the stories on our Royal stage.
As an ARTS LEADER, responsibilities include:
- Meeting weekly on a Friday 5.30pm-7.30pm to discuss events and plan projects
- Acting as an ambassador for Royal & Derngate’s Creative Learning provision and work with young people
- Taking ownership for project management of projects and liaising with professional arts practitioners to deliver projects with the local community
- Being passionate about inclusion, collaboration and making arts fun!
Benefits of being an ARTS LEADER include:
- Gaining a Bronze or Silver Arts Award qualification
- Working with professional artists and experts to develop leadership skills, confidence and project management experience
- Having a voice in shaping Royal & Derngate’s Creative Learning work with young people
- VIP invites to selected Made In Northampton events
- Occasionally receiving complimentary tickets to shows (in the Royal, Derngate, Errol Flynn Filmhouse & The Core at Corby Core)
- Receiving an exclusive Arts Leader t-shirt and hoodie
If you are 13-24 years old and interested in being an ARTS LEADER, download the application form and return it to Trudy Bell, Creative Learning Director or send to Trudy Bell, Royal & Derngate, 19-21 Guildhall Road, Northampton NN1 1DP. You can also drop applications into Box Office.
Sessions run during term time.Click here for ARTS LEADERS Application Form
Have a voice. Make a difference. Get Involved.