BECOME OUR CHAIR
Royal & Derngate (Northampton Theatres Trust) is seeking a Chair for our Board of Trustees. After more than 4 years as Chair and a decade as a valued Trustee of our organisation, Steve Edmonds is stepping down as Chair of the Board in 2021.
We are now looking for a dynamic and committed individual, with proven strategic knowledge of the arts or charity sector, to provide guidance and support to the leadership team. While we continue to weather the obvious challenges of this Covid era, we do not underestimate the important role we will play as the country emerges from the pandemic and we look forward to our exciting future.
OUR NEW CHAIR WILL HAVE:
- A passion for theatre and a belief that the arts have the power to transform lives
- A strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion that can support our strategic ambition as an arts organisation to create opportunities and reduce barriers for everyone
- Experience in setting and reviewing strategic direction and achievement
- A commitment to giving the time to prepare for and lead board and attend sub-committee meetings
- Experience as a Board member of a charity or similar organisation (preferable)
Please download and read the recruitment pack here for more information including a full role description.
We are an inclusive organisation, committed to fair recruitment, induction, training, succession planning and equality of opportunity. We particularly welcome applications from those whose backgrounds are currently under-represented on both our Board and in the Arts more widely. We want to encourage socio-economic diversity on the Board, as well as representation from Black, Asian, or other Minority Ethnic groups and/or people who identify as D/deaf and disabled.
Please read the full recruitment pack here with details on how to apply on page 10.
An easy to read version is available here.
Please complete our Equal Opportunities form found here and include it with your application.
Mon 8 March 2021 10am